Tuesday 26 June 2007

DEBLOG FROM EDINBURGH


"Find your mark, look the other fellow in the eye and tell the truth."
- James Cagney








Firstly, let me just tell you that The Tiger Lilly Hotel in Edinburgh is a truly GREAT hotel. Fab rooms, fab decor and a staff that are second to none. What a treat to stay there, in fact it's so good I'm even putting a link to them on my site! That said I now I really should get back to the reason for being in Edinburgh other than being spoilt at Tiger Lilly's!



The great thing about this project is working with all the different teams, all with totally independant ideas. This weeks team had a very exacting vision of what they wanted to see on film and yet another contrasting style which was an enjoyable challenge. My scene this week was the first time we see Avril in the film, quite a short exchange in a bar with the added help of around 20 extras, Cobra beer, plenty of Red Bull for the crew and I spotted a couple of bottles of champagne - it was a classy joint!

My scene finally in the can, I must admit I was disappointed that I couldn't get further North to go salmon fishing with Jill's Dad - an experience I'm trying to hook up (see what I did there?) for later on in the year. So I settled for the Castle and The Royal Mile - boy can it rain in Scotland it's June, flooded, cold and feels like November. It was a happy accident when we stumbled upon The Halfway House on a street called Fleshmarket Close in the old slaughterhouse district for Haggis, Neeps & Tatties, Stovies and Cullen Skink - could I be more of a tourist?

Photos by Manny Elias

Deblog From.... by Deborah Bouchard

No comments: