Tuesday 19 June 2007

DEBLOG FROM LONDON














And so to London, Bella, Alex "2 pants" Falkowski and me. We were filming this weekend in a nice eigth floor flat that the team had to turn into a crack den. Jon also had to deal with being stopped by the police and questioned as a terrorist suspect when he was moving the equipment, fortunately he was wearing his Make Your Mark In Film T-shirt and all was explained away, phew! Friday saw Alex doing his live and naked gig, with lots of running and through the legs angles. I believe the shot list for the day was entitled "Thunder Cheeks Are Go!"


Bella & I stayed safely out of the way in the more than comfortable upstairs bedroom whilst we waited for the light to be right by the canal for our shot. Four flyers later (the canal ate most of them as we battled the Wuthering Heights style wind that appeared out of nowhere) and I finally managed to pick it up on film. Jon did offer me a hand double should I feel the wind was too much to deal with but, ever the professional, I declined.

Saturday was a tough day as we filmed the stairs scene - starting at the bottom and, several hours later, reaching the top. Bella & I had lots of running to do whilst she pulled a suitcase and I carried a backpack. Originally, I did try for the suitcase for Avril mainly because I knew the backpack would get heavier the more takes we did! By the final stairs shot, late Saturday, I felt as though I was ready to take on the SAS and win!

We then moved to the scene where Emma & Avril go into the flat (Avril with perfume drawn). Poor Avril, she's so excited to go to Barbados - she's dressed for it, packed for it and then gets locked in a crack den! It was in this scene that I think I did my best work as I impersonated Charlie's Angels (a lifelong ambition fullfilled). Jumping around a door to inspect behind it whilst using a perfume bottle as a gun. This classic moment could be on your screens soon - subject to edit!

On a final note, if you're ever in Wardour Street, I have to recommend that you stop in at Imli's for Indian tapas especially washed down with a couple of chilled Cobras. A fitting end to a great weekend's work - lovely!

Photos by Manny Elias

Deblog From... by Deborah Bouchard.

No comments: