Monday 11 June 2007

DEBLOG FROM NORWICH












Firstly let me give you a little piece of advice: never, no matter how good an idea it seems to save time in a morning before filming, put croissants in the industrial hotel toaster. Not that is, unless, you fancy the idea of an early visit from the fire brigade or really want to see the staff loose their minds! Enough said the better I think, suffice to say if I ever want to stay at the Premier Travel Inn Norwich again I might have to make a reservation in Manny's name.

That aside, Norwich was a brilliant experience, hard work and lots of laughs. East Point Films had a tough schedule to get through this weekend but managed it beautifully by being highly organised and extremely professional. Each aspect of the shot (make-up, costume, location etc), had been meticulously planned and executed and it made my job really relaxing and easy.

Day one we filmed the last shot of Emma & Avril in Bedford’s (yet another bar - that Avril sure does drink a lot)! By the end of filming I was about to go and buy sun cream and bikinis as I was actually starting to believe that I was going to Barbados. The second day saw my scene with Trianna. After filming with Felicity in Cardiff, I couldn't quite imagine how her assistant would be. East Point had perfectly cast Sue (lovely lady in real life) as the abrasive Trianna and it was great fun working out the status of this shot - how Emma could deal with these two I'll never know. Manny also made a small cameo appearing as "a man in restaurant" (full interview about Fansom Winmoe, the football agent, on the documentary for your viewing pleasure).

Following the great Cobra Curry the night before (has anyone seen Alex since?), day three saw us live on the medieval streets of Norwich filming our final scene before the 5.5 hour drive back to Cheshire. Once Tom had quietened the talking book blaring out of ye oldie window the scene got underway on the cobbles. However I did note that in the previous scene I put Trianna's cheque in my pocket and Avril hasn't handed it over to Emma yet. I feel a sub-plot coming on! Avril does a runner to Barbados, forges Emma’s signature, opens an account, banks the money and lives happily ever after in the sunshine with a man called Clyde, a case of Mount Gay and Stay, the dog.

Photos taken by Manny Elias.


Deblog From.... by Deborah Bouchard.
Location photos by Manny Elias

No comments: